By default, College Kickstart compares students to national statistics. In some cases, some schools would prefer to use local statistics which reflect better on how the student may apply to colleges.
Local Context can be accessed through the ADMIN -> LOCAL CONTEXT button.
|NOTE: To upload local context view How do I import data for local context analysis?|
The Local Context will only display all the schools in which the students have applied and at least 5 have been accepted.
- Will display the school name, how selective it is and the counselor can place any notes too if the context used was modified
- Next to the name, there is a small wand, which can be used to modify to context to use.
- Publish Profile
- This information is the one that College Kickstart will use when a student runs their plan
- National Enrolled
- By default, College Kickstart uses the national statistic when a plan is run. It will be with a green margin.
- Local Enrolled
- Will display the statistical information of all the students who have enrolled in that school
- Local Admitted
- Shows the statistics of all the students that have been accepted but not enrolled in that school
- Local Unhooked
- Displays the statistics of all the students that have enrolled in that school and did not have some hook. The student could have been a great athlete, legacy, or had some other hook which enabled him to be accepted
- If the previous 4 options do does not satisfy the school (counselors), they may create a new custom statistic to be used instead by combining the statistics. For example, the can place SAT and ACT test scores from the national but use the GPA of the LOCAL ADMITTED
When the wizard is clicked, a window will be shown above the school which enables the counselor to easily customize the context
|NOTE: The information shown will only be in regards to that particular school. If another school is selected, the suggestion will pertain to that school|
- SPECIFY INTENT
- The counselor may adjust the selectivity of the school depending on the schools' criteria. It can be modified to UNLIKELY, REACHED, LIKELY, or TARGET
- Each time it is modified, the AVAILABLE OPTION will be modified so the counselor may have a better option on which data to use.
- EXPLORE AVAILABLE OPTION
- Allows school counselors to select the best option to use. In the example above the counselor has the option to use the NATIONAL statistics or create a custom one. In most cases, the counselor will be able to select either LOCAL ENROLLED, ENROLL ADMITTED or LOCAL UNHOOKED
- OPTION DETAILS
- Each time the school counselor changes the option, the result will be displayed here to review. On the right, the counselor will be shown some explanation of how the result came to be.
In each cell, the counselor will see the class, the number of students who applied, accepted and enrolled. In the example above, for the classes of 2015 to 2019, 15 students applied to the school in which 12 got accepted and 6 enrolled in that school.
There is also a percentage, for this particular high school, there is approximately 80% of being accepted to that college compared to 19% to the national statistics. For the nation, that college would be either UNLIKELY or REACH for the student. But for this high school, the college would be considered a TARGET or LIKELY.
At the bottom of the cell, the counselor may review the top and lower-tier scores for the students that have enrolled in that college.
Enabling Particular Statistics to use
The counselor may enable any cell by toggling the switch that is located on the top right of each cell. Once enabled, that cell will change to an orange border.
Creating Custom Data
The counselor may create custom data to use. once the custom field is enabled by clicking on the switch on the top right. The counselor may enter the percentage that the school feels appropriate.
Each modification that was made will be reflected in ORANGE. For College Kickstart to start using the data, the counselor needs to click the PUBLISH CHANGES.
Once the modification have been published, it will automatically run all the plans again for all the students to reflect the changes. The field PUBLISHED PROFILE will also reflect the new on the data that is being used.